Jolly Catering is a company based in the West Midlands of England that specializes in Indian cuisine. They cater for weddings, private events, corporate functions and even offer a grab and go service for personal orders.
The food is prepared by award winning chefs and is inspired by a rich family history of Punjabi cooking methods.
Keep reading to find out more about Jolly Catering, what is on offer on their menu, and whether it is the right choice for your event.
Looking for a price comparison with Jolly Catering? Then see our article on Kingswood Catering
What Is Jolly Catering?
Jolly Catering is a UK based company that specializes in catering and event management. They have been in operation since 1999 and multiple generations of the same family head up various parts of the company.
Indian cuisine is at the heart of the menu, with traditional and modern recipes to bring a sense of festivity and occasion to any event.
Jolly Catering began as a simple stall in India in 1978 selling tea and sugar. This developed into a shop. In 1985, Jolly moved to the UK and started working in a cafe, learning about serving food and how to run a kitchen.
He then progressed to a chef job in a restaurant, and whilst working there he was helping his in-laws set up a catering company. In 1999 He then set up his own company with the knowledge he had learned.
In 2001 Jolly Catering catered their first large scale event and they have grown in success ever since. They are based in the West Midlands.
Fancy whipping up some Indian treats yourself? Try our Easy Indian Desserts to Make at Home
Why Choose Jolly Catering?
Jolly Catering is an innovative company that loves to pioneer new recipes.
The family has a rich history and lots of experience of traditional Punjabi cooking which they are able to combine with new ideas to create an exciting experience for their customers. They were the original creators of the paneer spring roll!
The food is cooked onsite at Jolly Catering, where standards are kept at a consistent level of excellence and everything is quality controlled.
They have a team of over 50 people with a combined experience of over 200 years, and many award-winning chefs.
Jolly Catering is a versatile company that can cater for weddings, events, corporate functions, and personal catering. You can use their simple ordering service to get delicious Indian cuisine delivered to your door.
Serving Indian food in authentic Indian cookware adds colour and interest to dining at home. See here for more information and prices.
They can cater for outdoor events or indoor events, intimate events or large gatherings, and they can even offer live cooking stalls.
The menus offer an impressive range of vegetarian, meat and fish dishes including canapes, starters, breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
You can speak to the team about dietary requirements and any special requests that you might have. Jolly Catering are passionate about creating bespoke menus for their clients, as food is a very personal experience.
The Jolly catering team will fit around you to make it easier for you to stay on top of everything that you need to do to prepare for your event. They can speak to you in person or on the telephone, and they can meet you at the venue and even do evening meetings.
If you need to speak to them more than once then they will accommodate extra meetings to ensure that you are happy with all of the details.
Jolly Catering will contact the venue of your event to make arrangements about what time their team will arrive and to ensure that the service of the food runs smoothly on the day.
Jolly Catering holds tasting sessions for prospective clients and this can be very helpful when it comes to choosing which items you want to serve for your event.
Once you decide to go ahead with your booking you will need to pay 20% to secure the booking. You will then have up to two weeks before the event to finish paying off the rest of the amount.
There are several different menus on offer depending on the type of event that you are planning. There is also the option for bespoke menu items that you can discuss with the team when you make your booking. Here is a selection of the items that are on offer.
The events menu is packed full of exciting options for you to choose from. Here are some examples of what is on offer:
- Vegetarian Starters – Punjabi samosas, vegetable spring rolls, paneer spring rolls, aloo tikka, vegetable pakoras, dal kachori, vegetable manchurian, chana masala
- Meat Starters – chicken tikka, jeera chicken, seekh kebab, masala lamb chops, keema matar
- Vegetarian Main Courses – Sarson Ka Saag, Aloo Simla Mirch, bombay aloo, Bhindi Masala, aloo gobi, vegetable biryani, tarka daal, mutter paneer
- Meat Main Courses – Punjabi chicken curry, chicken jalfrezi, butter chicken, lamb biryani
- Breads – roti, naan, bhatura, puri
- Rice – vegetable pilau, chicken pilau, lamb pilau, jeera
- Yogurt – dahi raita, dahi boondi, dahi bhalla, plain dahi
- Salad – Mixed salad, kachumber salad
- Condiments – tamarind chutney, mint yogurt, pudina chutney, mango chutney
- Desserts – gajar ka halwa, gulab jaman, rasmalai, jalebi, kheer, ice cream
Stephensons Catering are experts in catering supplies. Whatever equipment you need for your next event, Stephenson’s can help
For drinks receptions and other events, canapes are more suitable than a seated meal. There are plenty of choices such as:
- Papri chaat – an Indian street food made with wheat crackers, spiced potatoes and chickpeas with a mint yogurt garnish
- Paneer tikka – marinated paneer cheese, dry roasted until it is dry and smoky
- Paneer spring roll – paneer cheese fried with vegetables, rolled in thin sheets of pastry and fried until crispy
- Peas Kachori – pastry filled with spiced peas and lightly fried
- Murgh tikka bites – marinated chicken cooked until charred and smoky
- Lamb slider – lamb mince seasoned with herbs and spices and grilled until tender
- Butterfly king prawns – fresh king prawns in a spicy marinade, roasted to perfection
Have a look at this delightful selection of breakfast foods:
- Stuffed paratha – a traditional Indian crispy flatbread stuffed with aloo or methi, or served plain
- Vegetable samosa – seasoned potatoes fried in golden pastry
- Vegetable pakora – seasoned mixed vegetables with garam flour fried until crispy
- Gobi pakora – fried cauliflower florets with seasoning
- Aloo tikka – Seasoned mashed potato shaped into mini patties and fried
- Accompaniments – tamarind chutney, mint yogurt
- Barfi – A milk-based treat with a fudgy consistency that comes in different flavors
- Jalebi – fried batter soaked in syrup
- Gulab Jaman – fluffy milk dumplings that a fried and soaked in rose syrup
- Drinks – Indian Masala Chai, Mango Lassi, fresh juice, tea, coffee
You can also order lunch foods such as:
- Sarson Ka Saag – green vegetables cooked with garlic and spices
- Vegetable sabji – mixed vegetables in a spicy tomato sauce
- Aloo shimla mirch – soft potatoes in an aromatic sauce with chillies
- Vegetable kofta – vegetable fritters in a creamy sauce with fresh coriander
- Vegetable biryani – fragrant rice with spices and vegetables
- Dal Makhani – A creamy lentil curry with butter and cream
- Shahi Paneer – paneer cheese in a rich sauce with onions spices and cream
- Breads – roti, tandoori naan, bhatura, puri
- Rice – vegetable pilau or jeera
- Yogurt, salad and condiments
- A range of desserts and ice cream
If you want perfect, fluffy rice, every time, you really should buy a reliable Rice Cooker. For prices and further information, see here.
Grab & Go
The grab and go option is great for smaller gatherings or family meals:
- Vegetarian starters – vegetable samosa, paneer spring roll, aloo tikka, onion bhaji, masala noodles
- Non-vegetarian starters – fish pakora, chicken pakora, lamb samosa, seekh kebab
- Naan wraps – tandoori chicken seekh kebab, mixed vegetables, chili paneer
- Chaats – papri chaat, vegetable samosa chaat, aloo tikka chaat
- Vegetable curries – yellow tadka dal, dal makhani, chickpea curry, saag
- Meat curries – lamb keema, chicken korma, chicken madras, chicken jalfrezi, butter chicken
- Sundries – rice, naan bread, chapati, paratha, yogurt, raita, bonndi, poppadom, chutney
- Snacks – gajrela, mathian, barfi, patisa, besan, gulab jaman, rasmalai, cham cham, spicy masala nuts
This is just an example of the types of foods that you can order. There is a lot more choice online and you can discuss your specific requirements with the team when you make a booking for your event.
Buzz Catering is another highly rated catering supplies company. Read all about what they offer here.
How To Order
How you order depends on which type of service you are seeking.
For the ‘Grab and Go’ service, there is an online form on the Jolly Catering Website. Fill in the form with your choices and then choose whether you want it for collection or delivery. You can also order over the telephone if you prefer. You can order every day from 8am to 8pm
For events such as weddings, parties and corporate functions you will need to speak to a member of the team to place your order.
Fill in the callback form on the website with some brief details about the event and how many guests will be attending. You will receive a call back from a member of the team who will discuss your needs and start putting a quote together.
Perhaps you fancy serving Thai delicacies to your guests. See our post on Thai Catering Food Ideas for inspiration
Jolly Catering is an ideal option if you are looking for top quality Indian cuisine with options for bespoke menus and various different styles of event catering. The food is delicious and the customer service is second to none.