If you are hosting an event, whether it is a small gathering or a large function, you will need to organize catering.
There are lots of different options, but it is great to offer your guests food from a restaurant that they know and love. That is why you might want to consider using Panda Express.
They don’t just offer takeout, they also have a fantastic catering menu which is perfect for parties and events.
We have put together this useful guide to tell you everything you need to know about Panda Express catering to help you decide whether it is the right choice for your event. Keep reading to find out more.
Shoprite Catering is another big player when it comes to events catering. Read all about what they can offer here
What Is Panda Express?
Panda Express is a chain of fast food restaurants in the United States that specializes in Chinese inspired cuisine with American influences.
The family-run company first began in 1983 and there are now over 2200 locations across the United States. The dishes on the menu represent different regional cuisines across China.
Panda Express has become a very popular fast food chain and the name is well known across America. The most Panda Express restaurants are in California where there are 603 stores. Next is Texas with 288 stores, Illinois with 112 stores, and Arizona with 109 stores.
Panda express is not just everyone’s favorite takeout, but they also offer catering options for private events. If you want to impress your guests with delicious food then keep reading to find out more about what they have to offer.
If you prefer the sound to Mexican food to Asian, see our post on Qdoba Catering
Why Choose Panda Express Catering?
There are many reasons why Panda Express catering would be the perfect fit for your private event.
The Panda Express menu is the perfect blend between traditional Chinese cuisine and American cooking styles. The result is authentic American Chinese food that is delicious and exciting.
The dishes are inspired by different regions in China such as Sichuan, Anhui, Yunnan, Hong Kong, Beijing, and Guangdong.
Panda Express cooks their food in small batches to ensure that all of their customers get the freshest meals possible. The dishes are cooked in heavy bottom woks weighing 8 pounds, over an open flame. This creates that classic, smoky flavor that brings Chinese dishes to life.
Panda Express believes that fresh is best, which is why all of the vegetables they use in their dishes are fresh rather than frozen. This ensures that the vegetables are crunchy and full of flavor.
Have you got an Air Fryer yet? This has got to be one of the best small alliances that any kitchen can have. For more information and prices, see here.
Chinese takeout food is often considered to be unhealthy, but there are plenty of balanced options on the menu at Panda Express.
If you are trying to watch your weight or follow a healthier lifestyle, keep an eye out for the ‘wok smart’ dishes that contain at least 8g of protein and have no more than 300 calories per serving.
The Panda Club meals offer healthy options for children so that parents can have peace of mind when they take their children to Panda Express.
Panda Express are committed to continually improving their ingredients by reducing sodium and sugar. By experimenting with their recipes and finding alternative ingredients they have been able to completely remove high-fructose corn syrup from their menu.
Panda Express is at the forefront of innovation when it comes to their menu. They have an innovation kitchen which is where the chefs experiment with ideas to find the best combinations to present to their customers.
You can visit the innovation kitchen and enjoy a meal in a modern setting with fresh decor.
Panda Express is a family run business and they are passionate about improving the lives of their workers and the people in the local community.
They support multiple charitable organizations, they donate a significant amount of money every year, and they get involved with plenty of good causes. They have also set up their own organizations like Panda Cares which supports children.
Panda Express have always kept their prices affordable so their food is accessible to everyone. This means that you can serve your guests a range of delicious catered food even if you have a low budget.
Not sure how much food to provide? See our piece on How Much Food Does a Full Tray Feed for some guidelines
Panda Express Catering
There are some excellent options on offer when it comes to Panda Express Catering.You can also talk to the team at your local restaurant to find out more about the full menu options. Here are some of the most popular items on the menu.
You should start off your event with some irresistible appetizers for your guests to nibble on while they enjoy their welcome drinks:
- Chicken potstickers – pan seared dumplings filled with chicken, cabbage and onion
- Cream cheese rangoon – wonton wrappers filled with cream cheese and served with sweet and sour sauce
- Chicken egg roll – cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, green onions and chicken in a crispy wonton roll
- Veggie spring roll – cabbage, celery, carrots, green onions, and chinese noodles in a crispy wonton roll
- Crispy shrimp – Butterflied shrimp in a crispy golden batter
Thinking of doing canapes and snacks for an event? See our article on Finger Food Catering: Everything You Need To Know
If you really want to impress your guests you should offer them some classic Chinese American entrees. Whether you want chicken, beef, seafood or a vegetarian option, there is plenty of choice. You could choose from:
- Honey sesame chicken – chicken and veggies coated in an organic honey sauce
- Orange chicken (spicy) – crispy chicken tossed in a sweet and spicy orange sauce
- Black pepper angus steak – wok-seared steak with green beans, onions, red bell peppers, and mushrooms in a savory sauce
- String bean chicken (work smart) – chicken breast with string beans and onions tossed in a mild sauce with ginger and soy sauce
- Sweet fire chicken breast (spicy) – crispy chicken, red bell peppers, onions and pineapples in a sweet chili sauce
- Kung Pao Chicken (spicy & wok smart) – chicken, peanuts and vegetables in a szechuan chili sauce
- Mushroom Chicken (wok smart) – chicken, mushrooms and zucchini tossed in a mild sauce with ginger and soy sauce
- Black pepper chicken (work smart) – chicken, celery and onions in a punchy black pepper sauce
- Grilled Teriyaki chicken (wok smart) – hand-sliced grilled chicken with teriyaki sauce
- Broccoli Beef (wok smart) – fresh broccoli and tender beef in a ginger and soy sauce
- Beijing beef (spicy) – crispy beef with bell peppers and onions in a sweet yet tangy sauce
- Honey walnut shrimp – tempura battered shrimp tossed in a honey sauce and topped with glazed walnuts
- Eggplant tofu (Spicy) – browned tofu and eggplant with red bell peppers in a sweet yet spicy sauce
Make light, fluffy rice every time with a new, easy to use, Rice Cooker. For more information and prices, see here.
You will need some sides to serve alongside the Entrees. This will give your guests plenty of choice when it comes to building up their ideal plate of Chinese American cuisine:
- Mixed Vegetables – broccoli, zucchini, carrots, string beans and cabbage
- Chow Mein – wheat noodles stir fried with onions, celery and cabbage
- Fried Rice – white rice fried with soy sauce, eggs, peas, carrots and green onions
- White steamed rice – simple steamed rice
- Brown steamed rice – simple steamed brown rice
What better way to end your Chinese American feast than with some fortune cookies. This is a fun end to the event for your guests and fits in with the theme.
Cracker Barrel Catering are a respected catering company for good reason. Find out why here.
There are different combinations that you can put together for your event:
- 12-26 people – 2 entrees and and 2 sides for $99
- 12-22 people – 3 entrees and 3 sides for $139
- 26-30 people – 4 entrees and 4 sides for $179
For gatherings larger than 30 people you can put together larger combinations. The price will depend on the location of the restaurant you are ordering from.
How To Order
The easiest way to order is to go online. Use your location to find your nearest Panda Express restaurant.
Choose whether you want to pick up the order or get it delivered. You will then have access to the full menu and you can select the items that you want to order.
You will be able to see the relevant nutritional information, and the recommended serving size so you know how much to order. Once you have put together your can check out.
If you have any queries or questions you can call the helpline or call your local restaurant. You can also go into the store to speak to a member of staff who will be happy to help you. You can pick up your order from the restaurant or have it delivered to your event.
If you have a very large event that you want to use Panda Express catering for, then you might want to visit your local restaurant to discuss it with the team in person.
For special events you may want to discuss the finer details of the service and arrangements to ensure that everything runs smoothly on the day.
Why not take a look at what HyVee Catering can offer you for your next event
If you want your event to have the most delicious Chinese American cuisine then you should consider using Panda Express catering.
It is really easy to order online and you have a great choice of different dishes to serve. The menu is packed with entrees, appetizers and side dishes.