If you are a fan of seafood and love to flavours of Italy, then this pizza recipe is perfect for you. It is packed with delicious seafood, cooked to perfection in an indulgent creamy sauce.
What Do You Need?
To prepare the seafood topping for this pizza you will need a large frying pan. If you use larger shrimp and scallops, then you might want to chop them up first, so you will also need a knife and a chopping board.
If you use homemade pizza dough then you might want to use a specialist pizza pan to cook it on. However, if you use a pre-made pizza dough or prepared pizza base from a store, then a regular baking tray will be fine.
One of the easiest ways to get a crispy-based pizza that’s cooked all the way through is by using a Pizza Stone. They are easy-to use, comparatively cheap and make such a difference. Click here for more information and prices.
You don’t need to use a pizza cutter to slice up the pizza. In fact, sometimes it is best to use a very sharp knife.
Do you love pizza and follow a vegan or paleo diet? Then our Paleo Vegan Pizza Recipes are perfect for you.
Tips And Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make sure that your seafood pizza comes out perfectly every time.
- Seafood – Try to use fresh seafood if you can, as it will taste so much better. If you are using frozen seafood, make sure it is completely thawed before you begin to cook it. If you are using larger scallops and jumbo shrimp, you might want to chop them in half so that they cook fast enough and are easier to eat.
- Pizza Dough – If you use a fresh pizza dough, make sure you let it come up to room temperature before you stretch it. If you try to stretch cold pizza dough then it won’t open up as well as you want it to. Don’t forget to flour the surface that you are stretching the dough out onto, and to lightly flour your hands. This will prevent the dough from sticking and make it easier to work with.
- Prepare the pan – Add a little oil or butter to the bottom of the pan before you put the pizza in. Not only will this stop the pizza dough from sticking to the pan, but it will also help it to form a nice crunchy base.
Our Salmon Fish Cakes are easy to make and a real hit with the family
How Can You Customise This Recipe?
If you want to make some changes to this recipe, there are a few adaptations that you can make.
- Pizza Dough – You can use gluten free pizza dough if you prefer. You could also swap out the pizza dough for some focaccia bread. Make sure that whatever base you are using isn’t too thin, as it needs to be sturdy enough to handle the weight of the seafood topping.
- Seafood – This recipe uses scallops, shrimp and crab meat. You can switch this out for whatever kind of seafood you like – mussels, squid, salmon – just make sure that everything is cooked through before you serve it.
- Cheese – Mozzarella is the classic choice for pizza, but you can use whatever kind of cheese you like. Provolone, cheddar, Monterey Jack, parmesan – or even a blend of various different cheeses.
- Garnish – This recipe suggests using a garnish of fresh chopped parsley. Don’t forget that dill and seafood love one another, so that is another option.You could also serve this pizza with wedges of lemon to bring out the seafood flavours.
Why not really up your pizza game with a Pizza Oven. These days, you can buy incredible Pizza Ovens for both indoor and outdoor use. And the results are incredible. Click here for more information and prices