This recipe for Toblerone cheesecake requires no baking and it is really easy to follow. Within a few hours you will have an impressive dessert that tastes as good as it looks. What more could you ask for?
What Do You Need?
This recipe is designed to be made in a 6 inch tin. A loose bottom tin or a springform tin is best as this makes it easier to get the cheesecake out afterwards.
To crush the biscuits you will either need a food processor, or a plastic bag and a rolling pin. You can make the creamy cheesecake in a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, or in a stand mixer.
Don’t have a Food Processor? No worries. Click here for a range of Food Processors to suit all tastes and budgets.
If you want to decorate your cheesecake in an impressive way, then you will need a piping bag and a nozzle.
Do you have a sweet tooth? Then try making our Lemon Meringue Slice
Tips And Tricks
This no-bake cheesecake recipe is pretty simple to follow, but if you stick to these tips and tricks it is sure to come out perfectly every time.
- Food processor – If you use a food processor to crush your biscuits, then it will be much easier to create a fine and consistent texture. You can also add the melted butter to the food processor and blitz it to mix the butter and biscuits together.
- Whisking – Make sure the cream cheese and the sugar are well mixed before you add the double cream. You want to whisk the double cream enough so that it thickens, but then stop. If you over whisk the mixture then it could ruin the texture of the cheesecake. An alternative method is to whisk the double cream separately until it has thickened, then fold it into the cream cheese and sugar mixture.
- Setting time – The minimum time this cheesecake needs to set is one hour. However, you might find it difficult to remove it from the tin. If you can wait for 3 to 4 hours then it will be more firmly set and will hold its shape much better.
- Piping – Piping cream is quite a difficult skill. To make it a little easier, you could beat the cream with a little bit of icing sugar. This will give it a stiffer consistency which is easier to work with.
Our Easy No Bake Lemon Cheesecake is popular with adults and kids alike
How Can You Customise This Recipe?
This recipe for no bake Toblerone cheesecake is versatile and can easily be customised.
- Biscuits – This recipe uses shortbread biscuits, but you can change this to whatever kind of biscuits you fancy. Digestive biscuits would work well, as would graham crackers. You could even use chocolate biscuits if you want a richer flavour.
- Chocolate cream filling – if you want the cream filling of the cheesecake to be more chocolatey, you can add melted chocolate, chocolate spread, or even cocoa powder to the mixture. If this makes the mixture too wet, then you can add a little icing sugar to stiffen it up.
- Chocolate Bar – You can replace the Toblerone with any kind of chocolate bar or sweet treat that you fancy – you could make an M&M cheesecake, a peanut butter cup cheesecake, or use up your leftover Easter/Christmas chocolate. We love adding peanuts in the base for a take on a Snickers Bar.
Talking of well-known chocolate bar, here’s our Mars Bar Slice Recipe
The Zen Cheesecake from Black Star Pastry is truly divine. Read more here.