If you love Asian food then you will love this recipe. It is quick and easy to make and only needs one pan, but it tastes like something you would order at a restaurant. What’s more, it is healthier than ordering a takeaway and the whole family will love it.
If you are looking for a simple weeknight meal and you are tired of all your usual recipes, keep reading to find out how to make these delicious satay chicken noodles.
Another easy recipe that all the family will wolf down is our Singapore Noodle Stir Fry
What Do You Need?
This recipe can be made using one large frying pan or one large wok. This makes it really easy to clean up afterwards, so this is a perfect weeknight meal. You will also need a knife and a chopping board to prepare the ingredients.
If you don’t have a wok, maybe it’s time to buy one. After all, you can cook so much more than a stir fry in one! For more information and prices, see here.
We have a great Must Make Chicken Satay Recipe for you to try
Tips And Tricks
You can follow these tips and tricks to ensure that your satay chicken noodles come out perfectly every time.
- Noodles – If possible, try to use fresh egg noodles as these can be added straight to the wok. If you are using dried noodles then you will need to soak them first before adding them to the wok. Make sure you read the instructions on the packet to check how to prepare the noodles.
- Chicken – Chop the chicken into small, even chunks to make sure that it cooks quickly and evenly. The smaller you chop the chicken, the faster it will cook. You can use chicken thigh fillets as the recipe recommends, or you could use chicken breast. Chicken breast might be a little drier than chicken breast, and it tends to cook a little faster.
- Peas – If you are using peas, run them under some water before you start cooking to defrost them. This will help them to cook faster. It also prevents the cold peas from bringing down the temperature of the other ingredients and slowing down the cooking process.
- Mixing the Ingredients – Mix all of the ingredients well mixed to combine. You should fry the curry paste with the chicken to release the flavour before adding the wet ingredients. The peanut butter will combine with the coconut milk as it simmers, but giving it a good stir will ensure that the peanut flavour spreads throughout the whole dish.
Our Hokkien Noodles Recipe is ready in minutes and tastes delicious
How Can You Customise This Recipe?
There are lots of ways that you can customise this satay chicken noodles recipe if you want to make some changes.
- Chicken – If you want to make this a vegetarian recipe you can leave out the chicken or replace it with tofu. You could also switch the chicken for a different meat like beef or pork – just make sure that you adjust the cooking times to ensure that the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Vegetables – You can add whatever vegetables you want to this dish. Onions and peppers would work well, but you will need to add them whilst the chicken is cooking so that they can be fried. You could also use bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, and water chestnuts. Oriental cabbage would also be a good choice.
- Sauce – This recipe makes a noodle dish in a runny, creamy sauce. If you prefer dry noodles then you can make a coating for the noodles out of peanut butter, curry paste, sesame oil and soy sauce. Add it to the wok with the noodles and fry the noodles instead of boiling them. If you still want to include some coconut flavour, add a bit of coconut cream.
- Spice – If you enjoy spicy noodles then you can introduce warmth in several ways. You could use chilli oil to fry the chicken, or use chilli powder or chilli flakes with the other ingredients to flavour the dish. This will give it a nice kick. You could also chop fresh chillies and fry them alongside the chicken.
- Lemon Juice – the lemon juice adds a tang to the sauce and brings out the flavour of the peanuts. Lime juice also works well.
- Garnish – You can garnish this dish with fresh coriander, chopped chilli, or even a sprinkle of crispy onions.
- Side Dishes – If you want to make this meal even more special you could serve it with some tasty side dishes. Spring rolls or prawn toast would make it feel like you are eating take out. You could cook up some grilled or steamed vegetables if you want a healthy option.
Kids and adults alike will love our Beef Mince Stir Fry Recipe