Lemon cheesecake is an elegant and luxurious dessert. It might seem fancy, but it is not actually that difficult to make.
This easy no bake lemon cheesecake recipe is simple but very effective. Follow this recipe to make a show stopping dessert with minimal effort.
Do you love a reliable no bake recipe? See our 5 Easy Slice Recipes for more.
What Do You Need?
This cheesecake is designed to be made in a springform tin with an 8 inch diameter.
If you use a larger tin then the layers will be thinner, and vice versa for a smaller tin.
It is important to use a springform tin, as this makes it easy to remove the cheesecake from the tin once it has set without breaking it.
This recipe works best if you use a food processor and a stand mixer. It speeds up the process and ensures that all of the components are the right texture.
If you don’t have a food processor then you will need an electric hand whisk and some mixing bowls.
You will also need a rolling pin and some sealable freezer bags to crush the biscuits.
If you want to create beautiful decorations for the top of your cheesecake then you will need a piping bag.
Are you coeliac, but love to bake? Try our Paleo (Gluten Free & Grain Free) Scone Recipes
Tips And Tricks
If you want to make sure that your cheesecake is perfect every time, follow these tips and tricks.
Food processor – It is best to use a food processor to crush the biscuits.
It ensures that all of the biscuit is broken down into fine crumbs so that the base of the cheesecake is uniform in texture.
It also makes it easier to mix the melted butter evenly.
Whisking – You need to keep a close eye on the filling as you are whisking it.
As soon as the mixture is thick enough, stop whisking. If you whisk it for too long, the consistency could be compromised.
Setting – This cheesecake will last for 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
The longer you leave it to set, the better it will be and the easier it will be to slice. Don’t be afraid to make it two days in advance for the perfectly set cheesecake.
Check out our Cottage Cheese Recipes for more cheesecake inspiration
How Can You Customise This Recipe?
There are several ways that you can adapt this easy no bake lemon cheesecake recipe if you want to.
- Colour – If you want the cheesecake to have a yellow colour, add a few drops of yellow food colouring to the filling. Don’t add too much or your cheesecake will have an unappealing, neon appearance.
- Biscuits – You can use whatever biscuits you like for the base. If you want even more lemon flavour then you could use lemon flavoured shortbread. You could also use graham crackers, digestive biscuits, or any other kind of crumbly biscuit. Personally, we love a ginger biscuit for the base.
- Lemon curd – If you want to make this cheesecake extra special, spread a layer of lemon curd on top of the biscuit base before you add the filling.
- Topping – The topping is a simple cream with icing sugar to help it stay in shape. You could add a few drops of lemon juice or lemon extract if you want the topping to have a citrus flavour. Alternatively you could go for a contrasting flavour, like elderflower or mango.
- Decoration – You can decorate the cheesecake however you like. You could use jellied lemon sweets, edible confetti, shavings of white chocolate, or a sprinkle of crushed biscuits.
On the hunt for a quick, but tasty dinner idea? Why not make our Seafood Pasta Recipe?